Uber Freight Unveils Revamped TMS, Procurement, and AI Integration
Uber Freight's latest innovations include a revamped TMS, a game-changing procurement tool, and deep AI integration that's turning heads.
Uber Freight is doubling down on technology. At its Deliver user conference in San Diego, CEO Lior Ron unveiled a suite of advanced tech products fueled by its acquisition and integration of Transplace in 2021.
Here's what you need to know:
Updated TMS from Uber Freight:
- Uber Freight has updated its Transportation Management System (TMS) for a more streamlined experience.
- The interface is designed to be user-friendly, providing comprehensive visibility throughout the supply chain.
- It now integrates views from air, ocean, and rail logistics without any hitches.
- A new "control tower" feature provides enhanced insights into operations.
Uber Freight Exchange's New Offerings:
- The standalone software-as-a-service solution aims to simplify procurement.
- The platform is intended to reduce reliance on lengthy RFP processes and yearly contracts.
- It's now more accessible for both shippers and carriers.
- Functionalities have been expanded to include easy contract management, mini bids, and spot auctions.
- Uber Freight is pivoting towards an AI-centric approach in its operations.
- Their Insights AI uses advanced language models to derive insights from data.
- New features focus on improved ETA predictions and bolstered customer support through AI.
- There's a notable effort in utilizing Generative AI to enhance productivity and explore possibilities in autonomous freight transport.
Uber Freight's strategic direction appears focused on solidifying its position as a comprehensive enterprise software provider for shippers and carriers worldwide. These updates could potentially enhance operational efficiency and provide deeper insights into the logistics sector.